Monday, August 15, 2016

Tour & Review : Captivate Me & Fight for Me


Captivate Me by S.J. Pierce

Publication date: April 1st 2014
Genres: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Captivate Me is Book One of The Captivated Series, a Young Adult Paranormal Romance
“My mom had always told me – when you meet “the one,” you’ll know; they’ll captivate your heart the moment you lay eyes on them. I had always wondered, though,if my mom’s words of wisdom were finite – if they applied to everyone. Maybe those who had found their one great love were the lucky few, and maybe the rest of us would have to settle for less than earth-shattering.”

Seventeen-year-old Kat Walsh is a Gifted – a human with paranormal abilities. With her mom a former Angel and her dad a dream prophet, it’s always been in her genetic make-up to be extraordinary. Unfortunately for her, the world can’t handle the strange orunusual. So when she slips up and uses her powers at her high school in Ireland, the entire student body treats her like a freak – even the ones she thought were her closest friends.

Broken, but hopeful for a fresh start, she allows her parents to enroll her in a boarding school buried deep within the forests of a small Colorado town. At Midland Pines, School for the Gifted, she feels as though she can finally be herself; she makes new friends and even has the attention of the most popular guy in school – Levi. Everything feels normal again… or does it?

Not long after her arrival, weird dreams of an alluring boy whom she’s never met surface during the night, and the eerie, shadowy trees encircling their school seem to call to her. As these disturbing, yet enticing developments intensify, other bizarre occurrences happen – students and staff turn up missing, and mystery visitors leave gifts while she sleeps. With all of these other things vying for her attention, a desperate Levi has to fight even harder to keep her interest. But with the dreams of the attractive boy slowly captivating her heart, Kat has to make a choice – will she settle for ‘great’ Levi, or will she search for her elusive dream visitor, possibly stumbling across ‘amazing?’
From the author of the Alyx Rayer Chronicles, comes a refreshingly different Young Adult series with plenty of love, suspense, and a new take on the Paranormal.

Recommended for readers 16 and up due to mature content.
Kat is just transferred in school for the gifted. In other words the students have some type of unique powers and everyone can settle in harmony strengthening their power. Everything is all good until she starts to get some interesting dreams about a guy who isn't her boyfriend and some students go missing.

I haven't read a paranormal book in a while and decided to take on this book. It sounded interesting enough. Unfortunately this book did seem to drag at some points for me and I kept finding myself gravitate towards other books. Once I finally took a moment to just sit down and really read the book and I enjoyed it. I've been in a reading slump lately and so I've been trying to get out of it with a good book.

That goes to say I did like this book, it wasn't amazing in my opinion. It was interesting enough that I did follow through with starting to read the next book. I just wished there was more development to the characters and backgrounds to everything. Like I would've like to know more about her parents, maybe know more about the character herself. Maybe in the next book there will be some type of improvement. See here's the problem with writing reviews, I can mention some of the bad things without spilling the book but when it comes to the good things that I loved, it would be hard to say without ruining it. I did like that near the ending part with that dream and wondering what it could mean and seeing how it turned out. (Is that a spoiler? I hope not, not much details in that I suppose.) Also that ending in the epilogue, it definitely intrigued me enough that I started to pick up the next book straight after.



Fight For Me by S.J. Pierce

Publication date: February 14th 2014
Genres: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
A fresh start – something Kat and Gabriel thought they would find when they left their pasts behind at Midland Pines High and moved to a compound for hybrids. Or at least safety from a witch seeking revenge. But now… that’sall changed. Now, thanks to a flirty hybrid hell-bent on winning Gabriel’s attention, the terrifying visions of another prophetic Gifted, and the strange and worrisome behavior ofone of their closest friends, Kat finds herself fighting for things that had once come so easily, including her relationship with her soulmate. And now she’s afraid.
Recommended for readers 16 and up due to mature content.
One thing that I can say about this book is that I loved Kat's dreams and wondering how they would turn out - if they'd turn out - and how it would actually turn out when it did. I was hoping for more when it came to the villain. As nice as it was to read I thought the concept of where they are now was interesting and how it impacted the real world vs the dimension that they are at. There was a bit of drama that kept things interesting and I liked how it turned out when it all came out in the end. I wished that there was more appearances when it came to that villain though.

Susan James Pierce has a degree in Marketing Management, works for a Fortune 500 company in Atlanta, Georgia, and devotes her precious, spare time to writing Fantasy, Paranormal and Sci-fi novels.
XBTBanner1

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...